Sunday, January 9, 2011

Japanese cosmetic loot!

I got to go to Japan at the beginning of December for an exchange trip! Although we got a decent amount of time for shopping I only got a little make up :( It was wonderful to see so many familiar brands such as: Canmake, SANA, Shiseido, Koji, JUJU etc. but I only had a few thousand yen on me left so I picked up the one's that caught my eye the most.



On the left (clockwise): Maybeline's ''Baby lips'' chapstick, Yojiya's ''Yuzu Tsuyaya'', Shiseido's ''intergrate'' brown eyeliner and Dollywink's eyeshadow ''No. 4 GREEN PINK.










1. Maybeline's ''Baby lips''



They had 2 versions on this. One was Orange labeled ''energizing'' and this one labled ''relieving''. I went for this one just because I like green more than orange.
It has no colour, but leaves a layer on sheen on your lips. It has a really nice menthol smell and a fresh feeling in the skin. Definitely relieving. A good purchase for around 380 yen.




2. Shiseido's ''Intergrate'' brown eyeliner




Forgot how much I got this for but it was a decent price as I got it from a Lawson's. When on it's quite a soft line. Smudges easily for me on the bottom last line, but on the top it's fine.






3. Yojiya's ''Yuzu tsuyaya''

Here's the description on the back of the packaging:

''Yuzu Tsuyaya is a luxurious lip cream made with four of nature's finest oils and sericin, a natural moisture retainer. One of the oils used in this cream comes from the yuzu (Japanese lime) which is famous for its fresh fragrance.
Use Yuzu Tsuyaya and feel fresh.''

I have to admit, the description got my attention (promotion for the writer) and got me to buy it. It was around 800-900 yen. Also, my friend told me this was a famous brand so that's a plus :) (I'm such a sucker). The smell is really fresh and yummy and this balm doesn't make my lips feel slimy. It has a silky feel when applying. It feels natural and keep my lips from drying up outside. I still dislike the pot packaging though, but it gives this product a traditional ''aura''.

4. Dollywink's eyeshadow in GREEN AND PINK!




Dollywink is a branch of the brand Koji by Tsubasa Masuwaka. I bought one of it's newest products- the eyeshadow! there were 4 different types a brown one, a blue and orange one, a grey and pink one and the green and pink. I thought the green/pink one was the most fun looking so I got it, although I was debating whether to go for the most natural brown compact. Each one piece has 4 colours  to help you achieve a certain look. this one promotes a ''colourful pop'' one.


















The sandy glitter didn't really show up even with 2 swipes so it is a very subtle highlighter. The blue doesn't look as bright as on the model (duh) but layering it would be the best way to go about it.However the pink was very vibrant with only 1 swipe! The glittery black was also noticeable and created a good shadow. The eyeshadow swiper doesn't distribute the product evenly, so I think I'll use my own make up brushes next time. Quite disappointed in the results I think you can achieve the pop look with a more cheaper palette. However the packaging was mega cute.
So to make this product work you just got to use a lot more product than normal. :/ Still a fun little compact!
Would not buy again.




Next time when I go to Japan I'm definitely buying more SANA & the famous Canmake blushers >.<




No comments:

Post a Comment