Saturday, October 6, 2012

Wallet, say hello to Lolita



Sad days lay ahead for my wallet as from the end of last year have become highly interested in Lolita fashion.  For those who don't know, lolita is a part of the Japanese street fashion scene rising in popularity in the 90s. It is mainly based on stylistic trends of the Rococo and Victorian era, but also reflect the romantic period and vintage fashion. It is well known for its Doll-like look and elegant demeanour. There are different styles to lolita such as gothic, sweet and classic.

I could go on, but that's the generally info. If you would like to know more about lolita fashion I suggest you visit Hellolace or the EGL community on livejournal. Also forgot to mention that there are specific brands that cater lolita fashion which require quite some dosh to buy from them.

So the story wallet is, you can lose some weight.

My interest in Lolita began many years ago in 2007. Sad to say, but I was somewhat of a weeaboo . I was obsessed with Naruto and appointed all my friends a shinobi rank, drew cards dramatically like Yu-gi-oh, danced the Caramelldansen everywhere... you can read more about this in my otaku evolution post. Through titles like Vampire Knight, Rozen Maiden, Rose of Versailles and Umineko no Naku koro ni I desired to wear cute, dolly clothing. Also the fashion shown in Downton Abbey, Jane Eyre, Becoming Jane and other period dramas were so striking and I basically was inspired.

This inspiration led me to the EGL community on livejournal where I just lurked for several years learning about the brands, how to style, designers and the jargon eg. jsk, op, aatp, otk... It wasn't till I got a job about 2 years ago where I started seriously researching what I wanted and began stalking the egl sales community on livejournal for a deal. Technically my ''first'' lolita item was a Baby the Stars Shine Bright blouse and pannier from Shinjuku Closet Child, but I say it's this item (shown below) as I paid for it before the other 2 items and it completed my first ''look''. It was the BTSSB Olivia Regimental Stripes JSK in navy. After this I joined the Australian Lolita community on livejournal which proceeded to me being added to the Sydney Lolita group on facebook. Since then I have worked very hard at work to buy new clothes and met some awesome people within the Lolita circle! 





 




No comments:

Post a Comment