Monday, December 12, 2011

Review: MISO

Restaurant review: MISO, Sydney, Shop 20 World Square.

Sorry not my own image, but from their own blogspot so I think it's okay to use?

Miso is a Japanese restaurant in Sydney's CBD famous for their Tonkatsu (Fried Pork) that is quite popular in Japan and Australia. I went with a friend last holidays and I'll have to say it's pretty good :)
I just had to have their famous tonkatsu dish with their light and crunchy panko coating. Here's what I got.


Very nice and filling, for me I could barely stand up after this meal. This was the Tonkatsu loin and Udon set which was $17.80, a bit pricey on my end, but definitely worth it! Also if you compare to other asian restaurants eg. Seoul Ria and Mamak the pricing is quite acceptable. I especially liked the strawberry yoghurt. Rice was...Japanese? haha I never liked Japanese rice because of it's stickiness and roundness. (I need Basmati rice)

Me with a mango smoothie which was approx. $4. $4? for a dine in it's pretty good. It was delish. The idea of 2 straws pissed me off though because the drink ran out quicker than I thought.... Good marketing trick aye?

Service was alright as staff was polite and efficient, however for the businessman next to us he waited for 10 mins after he was seated for a menu. I thought staff could of been more cheery and friendly. however, I guess you have to put the language barriers into the mix. Overall, they got the job done.

I recommend Miso to any Japanese cuisine lover looking for a more modern appeal or a bit tired from the usual sushi train.

Overall rating: 4/5



1 comment:

  1. wow all the food looks so delicious , it's making crave some Japanese food lol, and i agree that the 17 dollars was a bit expensive , but it looked worth it ^.^

    ReplyDelete